Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I Will Not Let An Exam Result Decide My Fate - Suli Breaks

If you watch nothing else regarding education reform, if you don't read another sentence on what's wrong with schools and standardized testing, I hope before you give up all hope of change, or before you close your eyes to the problems that exist, I hope you will watch this spoken word performance by Suli Breaks. I posted his other video several months ago, and here is a follow up, just in time for testing season.


He speaks the truth. It is telling that so many of the comments ignore the message and focus on race, perceived socio-economic status, his accent and/or grammar. When it is too painful to acknowledge the verity of someone's statements, get personal and insult them.

Please share widely. It's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment