Friday, June 1, 2012

And Just Like That...

...the first week of summer is over.

Goodness, that was fast.

I managed to avoid nearly all semblance of work this week (except teaching myself about quantum mechanics and reaching out to some very interesting schools to talk about how to better create learning plans with students; more on the latter, later!), and to cap the week off, my computer staged a very dramatic mini-death whereby all of my "favorites" were wiped out. I narrowly avoided losing all my files - you know, silly things like report cards, administrative records and the book I have been working on for a year now. It has been interesting trying to reconstruct what I can remember as being "important" in my favorites and letting everything else go. Must be that they weren't that important to begin with, and isn't the internet itself just one big "favorites" bar?

Makes me feel better to think of it that way.

So chemistry starts next week, and we are starting by making a cheeseburger, complete with burger, cheese, bun, pickle and mayonnaise. If that isn't applied chemistry, I don't know what is. Search this site for "cheeseburger chemistry" to get all six videos (including tomatoes, which we are going to skip, for now). Awesome resources in general for different topics in chemistry!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment