Sunday, December 9, 2012

Site of the Week: Cookies

I hesitate to post this because, according to this site, you are already behind, and I hate that kind of pressure regarding holiday stuff. Generally, I advocate doing only what you feel deeply this time of year, and letting the rest fall by the wayside; in other words, if you are staying up until 2 a.m. writing holiday cards to people because you feel you feel you have to (not because you want to), probably time to reconsider that activity as a source of holiday cheer.

Cookies are different, though. Last year, La Petite and I tried to do 25 Days of Christmas Cookies and were felled by a ridiculous amount of butter, six pounds to be precise. The attempt was fun, though, and I was happy to find something more moderate.

This year, Saveur has put out a more reasonable challenge, and it is our Site of the Week: a cookie Advent calendar. So far we have only made the Chocolate Mint Krinkles, but I will be consulting this site for more as we move through the winter. I also suggest the Rugelach for the first night of Hanukkah, only I am going to replace the raspberry with homemade fig jam.

Happy baking! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment