1. Gifted 101: a post clearing up some misconceptions regarding gifted kids. Droppin' some basic knowledge on who they are and what they need.
2. Gifted Readers: how to engage them (harder than you think!!)
3. Election Day: staying apolitical as a non-profit was tough; this blog reflects on the value of the election process.
4. Worky Work, Busy Bee!!: one slice of life at HoneyFern
5. Accidental Montessori: Huh. Turns out we share some pretty huge characteristics. Fancy that.
6. Money and School: The blog where the school in question was called to the carpet for their crazy tuition rate; they went ahead and responded about how fabulous their program is (totally true), missing the entire point of the blog (and were curiously silent when I pointed out that even as they defended their crazy tuition price they raised it for the following year)..
7. What Should Children Read?: Everything. Every day.
8. If You Only Ever Watch One Video: I stand by this blog. So powerful and amazing, what the person in the video did.
9. Should Your Gifted Kid Take All AP Classes?: No. In a nutshell. And lots of people who know what they are talking about agree with me.
10. Something Shocking: In which one of my fabulous students does something that is amazing and incredible and makes me so proud I almost cry.
So there it is. I hope your new year is prosperous and filled with joy. I leave you with a video that I hope inspires you to live the examined life.